About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Donna. Thanks for visiting. I live in an Edwardian house in inner city Manchester, I love Baking, car booting, hunting around charity shops, and crafting.I work full time.I have two grown up children. And lots of spare time. This blog is my online diary where I can and do ramble on about my everyday life.

Sunday 14 January 2018

Manchester Town Hall closing

I have blogged ab out this before, but for my own online diary which I look at my little blog as. I want to remember this.
Today is the last day the town hall will be  open I had tickets to go on the tour but having worked there have seen it all, So I gave them to a work colleague who hasn't seen it all.

Although I work for the council I work in a satellite   sight as they call it.

My daughter's team are still going to work out of there until July with hard hats to protect them. Ridiculous I know!!

It took 9 years to build the town hall and its going to take 7 years to refurbish it.

There will be no more filming there for a while the latest being peaky blinders and the Darkest hour.


                                                How it looked when it was first built.







These pictures are from the councils twitter account. I just think its a fabulous building steeped in history.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews