About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Donna. Thanks for visiting. I live in an Edwardian house in inner city Manchester, I love Baking, car booting, hunting around charity shops, and crafting.I work full time.I have two grown up children. And lots of spare time. This blog is my online diary where I can and do ramble on about my everyday life.

Sunday 19 November 2017

November

                                         November   


We have had a flood in our house. When it rains it has started to flood into our cellar.This all started on the 19th September.   I contacted the insurance company and they sent a company out to dry my walls.



We lived with this equipment in the cellar,lounge and kitchen for five weeks. It was an absolute nightmare! the noise and heat were exhausting!!

We were going to extend our kitchen and sort our cellar out next year, but because of this we decided to bring it all forward.

The Insurance company sent a company out to look at the drains.




    They dug this part of the garden up. When I asked them why they said the drain was broke he had seen it on his camera. I disagreed with him as we thought it was the drain at the back door.Because when we put the hose down there it came in.

We started the cellar on the Tuesday. 





   Exciting   




 By the Saturday they had more or less finished tanking it. It started to rain and this is what happened. To say we were mad was an understatement.

The insurance company were contacted the next day Sunday.  And guess what they were closed!! 

What's that all about CLOSED when people need them in EMERGENCIES. Well you can imagine what i told them when I eventually spoke to them on the Monday morning.

It was then discovered that when he had replaced to WRONG drain he had dislodged my soil stack.

A different company came out to look at it and to cut a long story short they are coming to replace  the broken drain tomorrow. eight weeks after we first reported it. My  lounge is still in my hall.I have no wall paper on one of the walls. The kitchen floor needs to come up because the joists are gone and it feels like my cooker is about to go through  the floor.

The cellar   Progress. The plasterer is coming on Tuesday. the electrician  after that. It should all be done for next week.  




                       
We are waiting until after Christmas until we start the Kitchen Dining room Extension.


On a nicer note my eldest daughter is taking me here on Tuesday night to see Lisa Stansfield



No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews