About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Donna. Thanks for visiting. I live in an Edwardian house in inner city Manchester, I love Baking, car booting, hunting around charity shops, and crafting.I work full time.I have two grown up children. And lots of spare time. This blog is my online diary where I can and do ramble on about my everyday life.

Monday 30 March 2009

Wasting food




One of my pet hates is wasting food, I went to Mr T'S this morning and after leaving £100.00 lighter with hardly any shopping. I get home and start putting it away in the salad drawer I find three dodgy looking peppers, 10 dodgy tomatoes I say dodgy that's the families take on anything that is a little wrinkled me included. In the fruit dish there was 2 over ripe bananas and in the veg rack 4 dodgy looking carrots, now if I had have gone shopping yesterday as usual the said family would have put the shopping away and all this dodgy produce would have gone in the bin instead of here. Any one want a piece of carrot cake or a banana muffin. and with some mushrooms,courgettes,garlic and a can of tomatoes tomorrow nights dinner sorted lasagne.

3 comments:

Lace hearts said...

A piece of banana cake would go down a treat. Send it right over this minute!

elaine373 said...

Hello, I really love your cake stand. can i ask......Where did you get that? Regards,Elaine

Donna said...

Hi Elaine I made it last year, just painted the handle and covered it in wrapping paper and lots of pva

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews