About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Donna. Thanks for visiting. I live in an Edwardian house in inner city Manchester, I love Baking, car booting, hunting around charity shops, and crafting.I work full time.I have two grown up children. And lots of spare time. This blog is my online diary where I can and do ramble on about my everyday life.

Thursday 22 February 2018

STICKY SESAME CAULIFLOWER BITES

After the success of the last couple of day I wanted to try STICKY SESAME CAULIFLOWER BITES. 

They were so easy to make. I didn't put too much sauce on them though as i'me taking them to work for my lunch with some salad. 






Here's the recipe 

Ingredients

  • 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
  • 2 whole egg whites
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce or sriracha
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
  • chopped green onions, for garnish

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400F.
  2. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
  3. Add egg whites to a large ziploc bag; add cauliflower florets, close the bag, and shake it around until everything is well combined. 
  4. In a separate ziploc bag combine panko crumbs, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; add cauliflower florets to the bag, close it, and shake it around until everything is well combined.
  5. Transfer cauliflower florets to previously prepared baking sheet; bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
  6. In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
  7. In a nonstick skillet set over medium heat, combine sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce and garlic; bring to a simmer.
  8. Simmer for 10 minutes. 
  9. In a small mixing bowl combine cornstarch and water and stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
  10. Add cornstarch mixture to soy sauce mixture and stir to combine; remove from heat.
  11. Remove cauliflower florets from oven and either add them to the sauce OR pour sauce over the florets. Mix until well combined.
  12. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
  13. Serve as appetizer or serve over rice.


No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews